Benefits of Therapeutic Massage
I find that many people who come to see me are saying, “I have so much stress at work”. When they come in to see me they look overwhelmed. When they leave, they have a peaceful look and a feeling of calm. This is why I love what I do!
There are a lot of pressures in today’s world and 80% of all doctors visits are stress related. When you are stressed, stress hormones get released. These stress hormones can cause illness. Regular massage combats the effects of stress. This will help you stay healthy and to feel well balanced.
Imagine feeling calmer and more patient with your children, spouse and work. When people take care of themselves, they have more to give.
Massage helps with depression and anxiety. Massage causes feel good hormones to be released, which is why you feel so good after a massage. I would recommend regular massage if you are suffering from these conditions because massage will create an overall sense of well-being. You will feel more connected and whole.
Some Health Benefits of Massage Therapy
- Increases immune system.
- Improves blood circulation so that oxygen and nutrients get delivered to the muscles, which speeds healing.
- Helps to lower blood pressure.
- Aids in removing toxins from the body.
- Relieves stress and anxiety.
- Stimulates the release of endorphins, which elevates mood to help with depression.
- Increases flexibility.
- Complements chiropractic care.
- Improves the symptoms of Fibromyalgia
Many of today’s illnesses are due to stress-related issues. Massage therapy helps in the reduction of stress.
Massage therapy uses the fingers, hands, forearms, and elbows to work on the body’s soft tissues: the skin, the muscles, and tendons.